Automatic screwdriver for Human-Robot-Interaction HRI
for the safe interaction between man and robot
Robot designers, machine builders and manufacturers of automatic screwdrivers like us face new challenges, as customers with automated production sites increasingly wish to release robots from their cages. While the goal is a high output rate at a constantly high quality, there are still tasks that can only be achieved by a human operator. Man and machine have to interact to obtain best results. It has to be ensured that the worker doesn't suffer any damage caused by the machine. Since early 2016 the ISO/TS 15066 standard has defines regulations that have to be observed in Human-Robot-Interaction (HRI). We have developed the screwdriving unit CSX especially for that purpose.
Features for enhanced safety
- Most components are made of thermoplastics (polyamid12) in order to reduce the weight of the screwdriving unit.
- The overall length has been reduced.
- Edges have been rounded off.
- The nose piece has been equippes with a protection sleeve with sensor. If the sleeve hits an obstacle, the robot will be switched off immediately (other options programmable).
- The feed arm has been equipped with an additional cover in order to increase the safety of the automatic feeding.
- Corresponding adapters are available for all current robot types.
Naturally, our HRI Screwdriving units feature the typical STÖGER properties:
- automatic feeding of the screw and other fasteners from hose
- open interface (for electric and pneumatic drives)
- interfaces for signal and data exchange
- quick bit change without special tools
- high availability, hardly any wear
- vacuum version (for work pieces with protruding edges)
- screwdriving process in any position possible
- minimum maintenance
Our staff members will be pleased to answer your questions in a personal conversation. Any technical data as well as CAD data can be found at the end of this article or in our download area.